Wonderful

LeaveItIN

Wonderful

Post by LeaveItIN »

Just saw this today and loved it. Have read many explanations and everything makes sense,but can't seem to wrap this up in my head. So, we know that the original Aaron finds Abe's failsafe and uses it to travel back to before the first trips. Then, he sets up failsafe B, turns it on and heads to his house to drug the Aaron having breakfast there. My question is, as soon as he turns on failsafe B, wouldn't another Aaron pop right out since he will be getting in that machine later on in the week to return to this same time?

Hope I am not confusing you guys more. Anyway, love to hear thoughts.
goal of the large hangar?
I presumed it would be to allow creation of a longer "failsafe" point. Abe had to put himself into a semi-comatose state to travel the 4 days. If one had a machine that had been running longer, water, food, toilets would be required.
What would the purpose of traveling greater time into the past be? Prevent murder? Change the course of history?
To some degree, it gives Aaron more control and more chances to experiment. But even the smaller boxes allowed prevention of murder and changing the course of history.

But remember the limitation the movie indicates. The larger box will still not allow him to travel into the distant past or even into the more recent past before or even during the events of the film. Since the box was being created at the end of the events in the film, the box could not be turned on until after these events took place. Thus no matter how much comfort it allowed to stay in longer, the box is still unable to be turned on earlier than it was created which limits the "history changing" to events that took place after the events in the movie.
That box is within the box and the replicate and just make the shell bigger that is the original one when they were exposed to it.

Return to “Primer (2004)”