why was Dorie so mad?

initialthrust

why was Dorie so mad?

Post by initialthrust »

One thing that always irked me about the movie was how upset Dorie gets with Alfie. This is the woman that hires the limo driver to have sex in the back of it to cheat on her husband and then leaves and she is upset that Alfie doesn't want to spend more time with her? She doesn't exactly scream dependable! Alfie made the right choice!
TheWetDreamTeam

Re: why was Dorie so mad?

Post by TheWetDreamTeam »

She was my favorite of all them actually (big Jane Krakowski fan), I wish he would have ended up with her. Maybe she was falling in love with him and maybe he it was Alfie who always chose the limo.
ColoredButtholeFlaps

Re: why was Dorie so mad?

Post by ColoredButtholeFlaps »

This is why this movie is such a masterpiece, I think it's more into the window of Alfie's life rather than any monumental events that alter Alfie's lifestyle. It's just the cycle Alfie has made for himself. Hookup with woman not knowing her backstory, get intertwined in her life which complicates his and he pulls away. I think even the baby is just something that happens to him, but the only difference this time was that he lost a friend. :cry:

Janes story seems likely as well, she was probably falling for him, but agree Alfie made the right call.

Return to “Alfie (2004)”