Disappointing

QueeferSutherland

Disappointing

Post by QueeferSutherland »

Let me preface this by saying I haven't read the books. I'm a big fan of the 1984 version, I know it has it's issues but I like movies that are completely self contained. That being said, I did enjoy the first one (2021) even though I knew it would end on a cliff hanger. Visually it was mind blowing. It was a little hard to follow at first but the action well compensated it. It felt like there were stakes, there was growth by the characters, and they had goals.

This one felt like a mess. Most of it was just people telling Paul what he needed to do, Paul doing it with little obstacle or conflict, and then everyone just following him. It didn't seem like he was ever really challenged at any point. Even falling in love with Zendaya was like a light switch. We all knew he was supposed to be the messiah and by the end he was, but there was no 'oh my he won't make it' that I felt in the audience. It's just victory after victory against the harkonnen and then they bring in the other nephew who is supposed to be badass but he doesn't really do anything either.

I thought that riding the worms was supposed to be a challenge but every freman is doing it. Is that normal?
CuckinghamPhallus

Re: Disappointing

Post by CuckinghamPhallus »

Both were boring, and 1984. They were just trying to hard to make a Game of Thrones in space.

Return to “Dune: Part Two (2024)”