The oscars are completely unwatchable

Crumb678

The oscars are completely unwatchable

Post by Crumb678 »

I don't get how the people in charge of all the big name enteratainment for the year, can't make a 3 hour TV show. Why is everyone so awkward, are they all on drugs?
FeministLikes2SuckD

Re: The oscars are completely unwatchable

Post by FeministLikes2SuckD »

The last 10 years has been bothersome winner wise, save for Spotlight, maybe Parasite.

2021 - "CODA"
2020 - "Parasite"
2019 - "Green Book"
2018 - "The Shape of Water"
2017 - "Moonlight"
2016 - "Spotlight"
2015 - "Birdman"
2014 - "12 Years a Slave"
2013 - "Argo"
2012 - "The Artist"
Crumb678

Post by Crumb678 »

You forgot about Nomadland, but maybe that was your point. I agree for the most part, and it's not to say they aren't good movies, but best pictures?
EveryonesMeatPocket

Post by EveryonesMeatPocket »

Probably some of it drug, some of it they aren't used to performing for live audiences. These are movie stars that work in controlled environments that and they think they are gods gift to the world is a recipe for disaster. That's why stand up comics work so well to host. They can think on their feet a lot better.

As far as best picture, I think we are just spoiled some years, but go back through the entire history and it's loaded with movies that no one even thinks about anymore. there are a few where it's like holy crap they actually picked a movie I like and that buys them a few years time.

Return to “General Discussion”